Regaining control, restarting the journey
With almost every breakdown of a personal relationship, we experience hostility and pain. When clients come to William Sturges, we take every care to help them minimise conflict, protect their family and start to regain control of their lives.
Central to our approach is our long and valuable experience in mediation and collaborative practice. This way of working helps everyone to focus on the overall needs of the family, and to achieve a negotiated agreement outside of the courts where possible.
On the occasions when agreement cannot be reached then, with our sound family litigation expertise, we are able to guide our clients through the court process to protect their interests. Our advice is always provided with the support, discretion and sensitivity that our clients in this position need.
We are able to advise clients in relation to:
- Pre-marital and co-habitation agreements
- The breakdown of a relationship, whether it is marriage, civil partnership or co-habitation
- The financial arrangements to be put in place following a breakdown of a relationship, including emergency arrangements to protect assets from dissipation
- The arrangements for children, whether as to where they should live, contact arrangements or financial provision
- Applications to emigrate with children or the abduction of children
- Provision out of the estated of a deceased person
- Protective action in cases of domestic violence.
There are links below to our guides and the pages explaining the various Dispute Resolution processes that are available. These provide general information, but every family is unique and it is essential to understand the particular family concerned to be able to provide the best possible advice on how to manage the way forward.
For more information please contact Rosie Hannon or her secretary.