Jai is a Partner in the firm’s litigation department. His work covers a broad range of practice areas within the civil and commercial law spectrum, including landlord and tenant, company, insolvency, intellectual property and employment disputes.
He is currently acting on:
- Professional negligence claim in connection with the implementation of the EIS Scheme.
- Contractual, property and employment related disputes in the leisure sector.
- Contractual interpretation cases re the rules of unincorporated associations such as private member clubs and a political body organisation and its affiliates.
- Injunctive removal of a Trustee under s.36 Trustees Act 1925.
- Advice to landlord re dilapidations to commercial premises.
Other notable cases:
- Defending a claim challenging the jurisdiction and quantum of the Addendum to a Party Wall Award.
- Claim to secure judgment in excess of Euros 1.5 million re fraudulent misappropriation of funds, under application to the Central European Court.
- Concurrent High Court and Employment Tribunal claims with a F1 company.
Jai has been involved in the following reported cases:
1. Evangelou and Others v Iain McNicol (sued as a representative of all members of the Labour Party except the claimants)  EWCA Civ 817
2. Foster v Iain McNicol (sued on behalf of all other members of the Labour Party except the claimant and the second defendant and another)  EWHC 1966 (QB)
3. Miss M E Jachym v Parker Lane Ltd: Employment Tribunal [2202026/2014]
Socially, Jai enjoys going to the theatre, painting, reading and running. He is a member of the East India Club and competes for it's rowing, rugby, cricket and shooting teams. Jai also assists children involved with disability sports, including the Middlesex Cricket Club Disability Programme.